For best experience please turn on javascript and use a modern browser!
Bekijk de site in het Nederlands

Independent student exchange

Independent student (Free mover)

If your university does not have a formal exchange agreement with the University of Amsterdam, you may apply to study at the UvA as an independent visiting student (free mover). Free movers are non-degree seeking, fee-paying visiting students. You may attend the UvA for a maximum of two semesters (12 months).

Choose your programme

These Faculty Level Exchange programmes accept applications by independent students. For more information on the study programme, entry requirements, application procedure and costs, please check the Faculty Level Exchange programme pages below:

Economics and Business Exchange programme Full-time
Law Exchange programme Full-time
Science Exchange programme Full-time

UvA degree programmes

If you are interested in obtaining a full degree at the University of Amsterdam, you can enrol in in one of the English-taught Bachelor’s or Master's programmes.